Sunday, October 24, 2010

Banana Bread ~ Cake

This is a quick and easy recipe for Banana Bread/Cake - absolutely a go to for when those Bananas that are turning from their wonderful yellow to brown and spotty and no wants them anymore...

I have been wanting to make this for several days now.....

I use a 9 x 13 glass pan - sprayed down with a cooking spray.

In a mixing bowl combine:
2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
1 Cup - Vegetable Oil 
4 Eggs - Large
6 Mashed Bananas ( I take a potato masher or fork to them-works for me!!!)
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon salt
**Mix till well blended
Add a cup of your favorite nuts chopped, I like pecans in my cake, some like walnuts...you choose!

Now pour all of this into your baking dish add some additional nuts to the top of the cake and bake at 350' till pick comes out clean - slice and serve

Delicious.....The house smells absolutely wonderful and delicious - Try it today - If you do not have enough bananas, cut recipe in half and put into an 8 x 8 pan..

I guarantee this is a winning recipe that you will share over and over -----
Happy Baking....

No comments:

Post a Comment