Thursday, October 21, 2010

White Cake - Test Kitchen Now Closed


Testing Complete....for now!!!
I continued to bake on Sunday, Dan had gone to work to take care of things that needed to be done, it was raining on and off so it was a good day to have the oven on and the mixer going....I was on a mission to bake the best White Cake I could...
Several days and hours of perusing over the Internet, pulling out all my cookbooks, looking for recipes, I started to find recipes that were the same, exactly the same... Found some new ones...Now which ones to choose today to bake.... Do I have all the ingredients to make them, yes....

I find it amazing that all these recipes have essentially the same ingredients, all different amounts of this and that, and what a difference it makes to the ending product... I was beginning to think it was just me, maybe I was not doing something right in the blending and mixing and baking....No, I was following the recipes to a "T"  - I found several blogs, websites, seems everyone is looking for that perfect White Cake....

Well, I think I have found it - at least for now - a recipe that is not too sweet, rises well, good texture, even baked throughout, no after taste, came out of the pan perfect, cuts nicely, firm and tender at the same time....Could it be, the Perfect White Cake....Time will tell.

This is the Perfect White Cake - So far that I baked..













































Cupcakes came out great too...

In the oven baking - looking good so far...



Looking good....
A photo of some of the cakes I baked - and then yesterday, I found two more in the refrigerator....


The Taste Testing Plate - my husband Dan was very supportive in this venture....each day I baked the layers, I would place them on a plate marked only with the initials of the recipe for him to taste for me....



For now the Kitchen is closed on White Cake - Glad for now it is over....
Now the kitchen must begin testing Chocolate Cake and then on to Red Velvets.....

Happy Baking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment